Discover everything you need for art, knit and stitch, papercraft, wedding, party, baking and more. Shop online or in over 100 UK stores.
Here at Hobbycraft, we are looking for a Social Media Video Producer to join the team. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis (37.5 hours per week). In return, you will receive a salary of up to £30,000 DOE, 4% pension contributions, 25 days holiday increasing every year, 25% discount in our stores, hybrid working policy, dog friendly office and so much more!
About the Social Media Video Producer role:
This roles core working hours are Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm, and with the flexibility to work from home two days a week. You will also be required for work from our Southampton based video studio from time to time. Occasional weekend/out of hours working required with time given in lieu of any out of hours’ time worked, and working hours can be adjusted to make this more manageable.
This newly created role, of Social Media Video Producer, will take ownership for our social first video production, focusing predominantly on TikTok and Instagram Reels, while also executing Live broadcasts across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. You will manage ideas from concept through to publishing, working to ensure we are delivering on trend and inspirational video content that captivates and engages. You will also work to support the extended team with production co-ordination on longform YouTube tutorials.
Responsibilities as our Social Media Video Producer:
- Propose, plan and execute our social media strategy in-line with marketing and brand campaign calendar
- Working closely with our Social Media Coordinator on the day-to-day management of social media platforms.
- Plan, film and edit social first video content to be used TikTok and Instagram.
- Work collaboratively with the Social Media Video Producer to ensure we’re creating optimized and engaging video content for our brand channels, with particular focus on TikTok.
- Be the team’s lead on social media campaign content. See ideas through from concept to completion and ensure campaigns are delivered on time and within budget, and analysis and collate strengths and learnings of a campaign.
- Keep the relevant teams up to date with our campaign content plans as well as the latest trends and behaviors on our social channels.
What we’re looking for in our Social Media Video Producer:
- You’re an enthusiastic team player with a genuine obsession with social.
- A confident user of TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Someone who has an eye for detail and have a proactive approach to tasks and a can-do attitude.
- You’ll be an excellent communicator who can articulate themselves and any ideas they have.
- You’ll be a highly organised person and a creative thinker that can spot a winning campaign concept at fifty paces.
- You’ll be across the breaking social media trends, and be plugged into pop culture, always looking for fresh ways we can engage our audience in the social sphere.
- You’ll have the ability to build working relationships quickly, both internally and externally.
- You’ll have flawless copywriting prowess.
- You’ll understand online content for the crafty handmade audience.
- Someone who has an interest in craft, making and baking.
- A passion for the Hobbycraft brand is a must!
- Someone who has a car
- A minimum 2 years of experience creating brilliant social media content for a business/brand.
- A confident user of Microsoft Office programs, all social media platforms, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Canva, CapCut and Adobe Creative Suit programs.
- Competitive Salary
- 25% Discount Card for Hobbycraft Stores and Haskins
- Hybrid working policy
- Free Onsite Parking
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays with an increase each holiday year
- Birthday Day Off
- Company pension contribution – up to 4% contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme provide by Retail Trust
- Cash Health Plan with Health Shield
- Contribution towards eyesight test and glasses
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long service awards and gifts
- Continuous training and development
- Colleague Wellness Programme
- Colleague Social Events throughout the year
If you have the skills and experience to become our Social Media Video Producer, click ‘Apply’ – we’d love to hear from you!